Re: Dimmer as a Variac.

Original poster: "Metlicka Marc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

dave,
i was hoping the 1.5kv scr's would be good up to 480v, thanks.
i want to duplicate the unit i have but beefier with the bigger scr's,
but i don't have enough electronics experience to beef the other
components along with it? i don't think i just double the size of
everything would i?
i'm trying to talk the geek group into starting to build these units for
sale, i had my 30 amp unit hooked to my pt system for a while and it
worked good as a power controller for that tesla system at the time. i
now use an isolation transformer setup to drive it, i didn't want to
blow the vectrol unit up?
the vectrol unit runs motors, transformers and lights very well,
allowing speed control for ac motors at a very inexpensive alternative
to an ac drive of the same current.
i thank you and all for the input,
marc
Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "David Sharpe by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <sccr4us-at-erols-dot-com>