RE: Math help...

Hi John,

I always get around 30% efficiency for conventional spark gap coils.  The
spark gap is the main "waster" of energy.  I use lots of measurements and
plug the numbers into MicroSim as in:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/MyPapers/modact/modact.html

Also, Note the post at:

http://www.pupman-dot-com/listarchives/1999/June/msg00323.html