RE: NST Lifespan

Original poster: "Ted Rosenberg by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Ted.Rosenberg-at-radioshack-dot-com>

CJ: I know you will get many different opinions from coilers on the list so
let me just offer my personal experience FWIW.

I use a brand new Allanson 15/60 which I paid $140 for which is the new
retail price.
The coil was used last October in a local haunted house here in Ft Worth.
The show ran every Friday, Sat and Sun for the first 3 weeks in October and
every night for the last week in October. The show times were from 7 PM to
midnight but we often ran to 1 AM.

The operation duty cycle of the coil was roughly 30 seconds on and 1 minute
off.
This means that over an average evening, the ON cycle was 330 minutes. For
every 6 minutes, it was ON for 2 minutes or 110 minutes per evening. There
were a total of 16 evenings for October thus making the total run time for
the coil 1760 min. or 29 hours and 20 minutes.

It performed flawlessly during that time except for the need to keep the
copper tubes of the static gap clean.

Is this a commercial for Allanson? Maybe.

Safety First

Ted