Re: First Lights

In a message dated 7/8/01 9:50:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

>  powered twin TC with an unusual RSG.  The RSG is configured to work like a
>  > SPDT switch.  It has 8 rotating electrodes and two pairs of stationary
>  > electrodes.  The design is such that one pair of electrodes fires every
45
>  > degree of rotation, and the other pair likewise fires, but 22.5 degrees
>  > later.  So, for example, at 0 degrees, the DC supply charges the tank
cap,
>  > and at 22.5 degrees, the tank cap discharges through the primary.  This
>  > completely isolates the power supply from the tank circuit.  No ballast
or
>  > filters are needed.

Steve, all,

Nice work, does your concept work basically like Larry Robertson's
H-drive circuit?  I can't quite picture your circuit.

>  >
>  > It works!  Independent control of input power and break rate is fun to
> play
>  > with.  It is amazing how the discharge length dramatically increases with
>  > break rate.  Going from about 16 BPS to 240 BPS roughly triples the spark
>  > length.

Does the bang size stay the same over the bps range?  Or does
the cap voltage sag at a higher bps?  Is the spark growth linear
over the bps range, or are there ranges of faster growth, etc.?
A graph would be nice if it's nonlinear, and if the voltage doesn't
sag at high bps.

Thanks,
John Freau