From: <mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>Tesla list
Date: Sunday, July 08, 2001 09:45:33 PM
To: <mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Spiral TCs

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 7/8/01 8:28:07 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Original poster: "Richard Wayne Wall by way of Terry Fritz <
> twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rwall-at-ix-dot-netcom-dot-com>
>
> Has anyone built and fired a flat spiral TC?
>
> Any plans around?
>
> Did Tesla publish anything on their construction?
>
> I'm not looking for huge sparks, but a research platform.
>
> RWW

Yes, Tesla's patent No.645,576 of Mar 20, 1900, describes a flat spiral
primary coil 8
ft in diameter made of 50 turns of #8 wire surrounded by a turn of 2/0 cable
as a primary. Patents, both text and diagrams, can be accessed online at US
Patent Office.

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/OtherPapers/TeslaPatents/us000645576.pdf

Matt D.

IncrediMail - Email has finally evolved -
<http://www.incredimail-dot-com/imstampa.html>Click Here