Re: Math help...

> Because of the significant inefficiency (only 50% max), pure RC charging
> systems are seldom used for higher power pulse work, and reactive (LC)
> charging systems are preferred instead. Note that the above analysis

Or, constant current charging supplies.... with modern PWM switchers,
building a relatively low loss constant current supply, particularly one
that doesn't need real wide bandwidth, is pretty straightforward.  We've
come a long way from lossy series pass devices for regulators, or the
ballast approach.