Re: High Power Dimmer, SS Relay ?inverter?

Original poster: "Jason Petrou by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jasonp-at-btinternet-dot-com>

Neilster,

I am planning an inverter system that will run up to 500W - I was going to
have the fets chopping the DC thru the transformer at 50Hz, but since its
just a simple 555 timing circuit with a varable resistor controlling the
resonance, then I can run it anywhere between about 1Hz and 1800Hz (the
saturating frequency of the xfmr core). If I use a line filter after it, and
a protection network (thx terry ;) after the NST then I could probably use
the inverter for TC use. With a scope I could get the frequency exact... It
would be interesting to see the effects of high frequency input  for TC
use!!!

On the subject does anyone have a design for a High Powered H-Bridge circuit
(about 50A) because I would prefer to use 'proper' AC rrather than square
DC....

Thanks,
Jason

Geek # 1139 Rank G-1