Re: winding secondary

Hi Robert,

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Robert by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
> <obiwan1186-at-sunflower-dot-com>
>
> <snip>
> but could somebody tell me how you would go about joining the different
> sections of wire without screwing the whole thing up?

Sand the enamel off the two ends to be joined (about an inch). File equal flats
on each end. It should look something like this (fixed width font):

         >                     <
              >                     <
   wire end        >                      <     wire end
                        >                       <

With a soldering iron, tin each end, then solder together. Sand away excess
solder. Dip joint into polyurathane building to a similar build as the original
insulation. Be careful to not overstress the joint to a lot of movement.

Take care,
Bart