Re: I'm trying this at home.

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <lod-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Original poster: "Jeff W. Parisse" <jparisse-at-teslacoil-dot-com>

[snip]
> But... Nobody (except Greg Leyh) can do at home what we do at
> stadiums, arenas and concerts with our big coils... (Although
> Kevin Eldridge came close in his backyard). *grin*

Heh, not quite.. You'll never catch me outside of
a Faraday shield, shooting dart leaders off of my
eyebrows!  Catching arcs is "Sparky's" job around
here.  < http://www.lod-dot-org/sparky.jpg >

I personally _hate_ getting electrocuted.

BTW, I've got the 500lb 120L50K secondary mounted
on the old Electrum winding jig, and have all the
5000ft of 8AWG removed at the moment.   I hope to
clean up the fiberglass coilform, repair a number
of nasty carbon tracks along the wooden verticals
and rewind the beast in time for this weekend.

Amazingly enough, the dust-covered servo amps and
footpedal controls for the winder all still work.
Many thanks to Kevin Ottalini for his disassembly
help and wood machining.
--

-GL
www.lod-dot-org