Re: Riding t-loads, and other dangerous stuff.

Hi,

Before the moderator kills this increasingly off-topic thread... ;-))

Perhaps we should also hear of one of our own lists member's experience
with explosives...  Just like many young experimenters have been killed by
NSTs, many have been killed by explosive too.  Listen to how "it" was
described by one fortunate enough to live to tell about it...

http://www.pupman-dot-com/listarchives/1998/November/msg00029.html

99.999% of the time things go well, but that other 0.001% sure sucks...  If
one wants to learn about doing something safely, don't study the fun
successes that "make it look easy", study the horrible disasters and talk
with the people that have to deal with the mess the ambulance brings in.
They remind us why 99.99% of us don't go there...

Not to be too morbid...  But if you want to know what touching 16600 volts
(like from a high power pole pig) is like, check out this fella:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Misc/sparky_2.doc

Here is a kid that sprayed his hand with bug spray and lit it on fire.
Hey!  It worked on TV...

http://abcnews.go-dot-com/sections/us/CaughtOnTape/010406CaughtOnTape_video_feat
ureblank.html

If one wants to play really close with electricity, get on the web and
study the pages you find with a search of "electrical injuries" like:

http://www.rsdrx-dot-com/electrical_injuries.htm

I have worked with many people who work with high voltages (like 330,000V
1000 amp three phase) all the time.  They are really dull "by the book"
folks.  The exact opposite of the typical dare devil.  They live a long time...

So if you want the "whole story", don't forget to check out the "bad"
stories too.  They save a lot more people lives than the fun stories...

Have a happy (and safe :-))) Fourth of July!!

Cheers,

	Terry