RE: Repairing NSTs

Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>

A secondary is removable and you can do what you say. Be careful when you
remove a secondary so that you do not break off the inner lead that you will
see coming from between the core and the bobbin. Put some oil between the
bobbin and the core to assist  the removal of a secondary. Some do run
unpotted NST's. It is my personal opinion that you should re-pot under
transformer oil or Vaseline. These materials would add extra insulation and
act as excellent heat sinks. You might have a fitting problem if the two
transformers are not identical.

Godfrey Loudner