Re: I'm trying this at home.

Original poster: "Jeff W. Parisse by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jparisse-at-teslacoil-dot-com>

> So if you insist on doing your platform thing, which I don't recommend, do
> this:  Run a wire from the platform through your clothes to whatever metal
> thing you will be holding as the discharge point.  Stand barefooted on the
> platform so you and the wire are the same potential.  Then let 'er rip.
> Just be sure to keep whatever the arc is discharging from higher than any
> other part of your body so the arc is leaving metal, not flesh or hair.
The
> power will flow through the wire, and you can still get the cheap thrill
of
> arcs jumping off something you are holding.

TCML,

We've had our most serious accident (1997) using a technique
similar to what is described above.

It's STILL NOT SAFE.

Don't take this advise and think you're going to be OK.

There are too many variables.

Jeff Parisse
Director, kVA Effects
www.teslacoil-dot-com