Warming up

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Leik3-at-aol-dot-com>

Hi all,
I had a quick question about warming up caps: Is this warming up, just an
initial process (do you only have to do it the first time) or do you have to
"warm into" them every use?? Do you ahve to only break in homemade caps or
will I have to break in the caps that Terry is sending me too?? And.....how
do I know when it's done?? I have access to a variac that I'll be using .
Should I hook the variac up to my NST and slowly work the voltage up?
Also...when I hook up the cap to the variac (and probably NST?) is the cap
enough of a load or should I have a spark gap firing the whole time? As you
can see, I'm full of questions so THANKS for your patience with them!
Dennis