From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Saturday, January 27, 2001 3:09 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Still getting strange / poor results.

Original poster: "Simon Yorkston by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <quantumx-at-ozemail-dot-com.au>

Hi all.
Well, I rewound my secondary, and hooked it up to the coil, and fired up,
and to be honest, I didn't get much improvment- [maybe about 1-2" longer].
The coupling was a little loose, so I rewound it closer. Then the strange
things started happening [again]. I could only just get breakout if I tapped
the primary as far as it would go - 17+ turns.

What is going on with this coil to make it defy calculations, and give poor
results? I've rebuilt everything on this coil.
The only thing that is left is: the transformer [doesn't seem to be
dead..when they die, do they lose perfomance, or do they just die w/ smoke
etc]
                                             : the protection filter. [As
per Terry's, but with a MMR of 4x3K 11W resistors on each hot]

I have ordered some more capacitors to boost the tank up from 0.0062 to
~0.01; IS that what will make a BIG difference?

Thanks all.
Simon