Re: 811A any good?

Original poster: "Dr. Duncan Cadd by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <dunckx-at-freeuk-dot-com>

Hi Ed, All!

Date: 26 January 2001 00:09
Subject: Re: 811A any good?

>Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

<snip>

>As a further
>note, most of these transmitters were self-pulsed.  At the
right
>combination of grid bypass/coupling capacitor and "grid
leak" the tube
>will go into conduction, oscillate, and pulse itself off.

Aharrrrr!  The "Squegger" !!!

Great name for a VTTC project :-)  Just what I was intending
to do with those 813s!

If I recall correctly, around 150-200k for the grid leak and
150-200pF for the grid cap.  Need a high time constant so
that the charge on the cap builds up and biases the tube
(hey, I'm learning the language ;-) to cutoff.  What say
you, Ed?

Dunckx