Re: Resistors for a RC network

Original poster: "J. B. Weazle McCreath by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca>

Hi Keith,

I used four 500 ohm, 50 watt, ceramic power resistors made by Ohmite for
my new filter.  They cost me $40.00 Canadian including tax from a place
in Toronto.  I use two in each leg, with a 500 pF., 30 K.V. doorknob cap
from the junction of the two resistors to ground and the second pair of
caps at the transformer end, paralleled with the safety gap.

You'll likely be able to get them for half that in the U.S. due to the
exchange rate.  They are real beauties...about 3 inches long and half
an inch in diameter.  I mounted my safety gap, bypass caps, and the
resistors on a piece of G-10 circuit board copper clad on one side.
The cladding is the grounding point for the center electrode of the
safety gap and the "cold" ends of the bypass caps.

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL

Listening: 147.030+ and 442.075+
E-mail:    weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca
           or ve3ear-at-rac.ca