SA's latest issue

Original poster: "Oxandale, Terry by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Toxandale-at-SPP-dot-org>

Revisted from a 1901 February issue of Scientific American (100 years
ago today):

"Long distance wireless telegraphy, if we may believe the current story,
is about to take an enormous stride, for we are shortly to be in the
possession of a means of wireless telegraphic communication across the
Atlantic, by which we can send messages at considerable greater speed
than is possible by the present cable. The feat is to be accomplished by
the Nicola Tesla 'oscillator'. We are, all of us, fairly well familiar
with the Marconi system in which Hertzian waves are transmitted through
the ether. Mr. Tesla, however, manipulates his recently discovered
'stationary electrical waves in the earth' by setting up ' vibratory
currents which can be transmitted through the terrestrial globe, just as
through a wire, to the greatest distances' ".

Amazing, 100 years and still.......

Un Terry