Re: Polycap - deal!

Hi Dennis,

I have a deal :-))  I sometimes have coiler's do little experiments for me
that I can't do myself or that need to be done by someone else just to "be
sure it works"...

I think you have a 15/30 NST which would like a static gap LTR value of
7nF.  That works out to about 3.5 amps RMS on the cap.  The Panasonics
caps, I bulk buy thousands of, could make an MMC (EMMC) cap that might work
cheap!  8 caps could handle 3.5 amps and give a value of 7nF.  The voltage
on each cap is 'high' but MMC caps seem to like that :-))

If you want to play around, here's my "deal" :-)  I'll whip up a simple
EMMC with eight caps (7nF, 3.5Arms, and I'll high voltage test it to say
24kV and send it to you if you will send me a check for $14.40.  I'll send
it to you to try out on your coil (I realize it is not built yet).  If the
EMMC works, I get to cash the check :-).  If it blows up, I tear your check
up :-(.  Sort of a fun little experiment with gambling involved! :-))  This
would be just at the voltage and current edge of the caps and it would be
cool to see what happens!!!

Tell your wife it may keep you from blowing flaming oil all over the garage
:-)) and the money part is guaranteed in this case.  Personally, I would
love to know how well it works!

If interested, write me at the e-mail below and we'll get it going.  I
added an old post below from Garry who is another Guinea pig...  Oops, I
mean "experimental assistant" :-)) whom I have been working with in MMC
testing.  Garry knows more about homemade caps type than anyone!  He has
also tried party cup caps but I forget the results.  The cap I originally
sent him finally did blow up, but I think he is a sold MMC "believer" now
:-))  He is presently "enjoying" NST depoting intricacies... :-)) but maybe
he can tear himself away from that "fun" to comment on MMCs and party cup
caps further.

Cheers,

	Terry
	terrellf-at-qwest-dot-net