RE: triggered spark gap in a vacuum?

Original poster: "sundog by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <sundog-at-timeship-dot-net>

Hi All!

 Thanks to you all :)  I did some digging on my own and came up with about
the same answers.

 The planned trigatron will be made of aluminum structural tubing, 3" OD and
2 1/4" ID, giving me a 3/8 wall.  The end plates will be 1/2" thick
aluminum, and 1" thick polycarbonate (I can get 2" also).  The real task
will be sealing it up well enough to withstand the alternate vacuum and
explosive pressure differences.  The only real places I can forsee xrays
being able to escape the container is the polycarbonate endcap, and the
holes for pumping it down and backfilling it.  But the "soft" radiation it
would put off shouldn't go further than 1/3 the distance of the "10 foot
pole" I'll be away from it.  I'm wary of the polycarbonate disc at the end
(even though it's 1" thick).  The metal parts of the container I'm sure will
stand up to the pressure (I intend to put hefty valves on the pump/fill
fittings so I don't get a "hiccup" of high pressure blasting through the
pump.)  Construction won't start for a while yet (still recovering from my
bout of the flu, leaves ya weak.)

 But I now know better what I'm gettin' into, and how to keep safe.  Now, to
find those elusive pulse caps that aren't across the US, but in the
Southeast corner of the US.

  												Shad