Re: 811A any good?

Original poster: "Jan Wagner by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <jwagner-at-cc.hut.fi>

Hi,

I got the specs now. 6" discharge with the simple setup on
http://www.angelfire-dot-com/electronic/cwillis/811acoil.html
sure sounds good.

I'll give it a try.

> The 811 is a great tube for a VTTC but you guys better take another look at
> the TT-5 and the 811 specs. The max plate dissipation is around 60 Watts.

Hmm not much... :o)
So that's approximately the power from a small TV flyback. Wonder if
6" streamer discharge is possible if a secondary is directly driven at
its base (and who bothers about generator-load impedance matching
anyway ;o)

Many thanks for all the infos on the 811A!

 - Jan