RE: VTTC -715B

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

Original poster: "David Sharpe by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <
sccr4us-at-erols-dot-com>

>Got lucky today at Richmond, VA Frostfest and picked
>up five (5) NOS Raytheon 715B tetrodes for nearly
>nothing, still in original boxes.

>I know they were used as a hard switch radar modulator
>tube, and are right robust looking for the tubes physical
>size.  Any idea where I can get basing info and at
>least plate voltage, current and fils specs?  They might make
>an awesome Super Staccato breadboard coil, and if they
>are related to 4PRXXX series, could really handle the kV
>and pulse current.  Thanks...

>Regards
>Dave Sharpe, TCBOR
>Chesterfield, VA. USA>

Hi Dave,

        From my old tube guides, I have been able to find out that the
Raytheon 715B was replaced by the 715C a.k.a. RK-715C equivalent to Western
Electric CW-715B and "very similar" to the (Russian) 5D21. From <
www.webiosis.co.uk/valves/ RK-715.htm> I got the following:
Raytheon RK-715B tetrode; (RK715C is listed as a pulse-modulator tetrode with
a max 18Kv 15A anode and rated at 60W output; not sure if this is the same
thing...)
I think the 60W is continuous service rating, and pulsed could go much higher.
Compare this picture with <www.macnet.or.ip/pa/upi-k/V1/5d21.jpg>
I'll keep looking if you like.

Matt D.