Rolled foil caps

Original poster: "Chris Dobson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <cdobson-at-microtech-dot-com.au>

Dear List,

Being a glutton for punishment, I like making rolled foil and poly caps. I'm
currently making a bank of nine units to try and make them last a little longer
by applying the MMC approach to them. My question is this : when I've finished
a cap, I put the DMM across it to get a ball-park for its value, and then drop
it in the case and fill with oil : as the oil soaks in, the value rises by a
couple of nF, but it seems to peak out, then drop a little - - - - what's going
on there ?  :O\

Regards

Chris