Re: NST Shunt Bars

Original poster: "Jan Florian Wagner by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <jwagner-at-cc.hut.fi>

Hi,

> Original poster: "BunnyKiller by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <bigfoo39-at-telocity-dot-com>
> > Original poster: "Charles Hobson by way of Terry Fritz
> <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <charles.a.hobson-at-btinternet-dot-com>
> > I have seen the term "Shunt Bars" mentioned several times by people
> > disassembling NST. Can some one explain what they are and what their
purpose
> > is?

You should note that not all NSTs actually have shunts, so don't be
surprised if you don't find any. :o)
Some small NSTs are just wound on a T core inside an U core, and there's
really no way to get more juice out of these, apart from rewinding, or
maybe gapping.

--
 Jan Florian Wagner
 http://www.hut.fi/~jwagner