RE: High Voltage Oil

Original poster: "Yurtle Turtle by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <yurtle_t-at-yahoo-dot-com>

No oil should ever be "flushed down the drain",
although many people do it all the time. Oil and
grease are the number one cause of sanitary sewer
clogs, which result in sewer overflows. It's no better
for septic systems, as it can build up and clog drain
fields. Soap may help it go down, but ultimately it
turns to a greasy mess. So while some oils may have
far fewer harmful additives, "flushing it down the
drain" helps cause raw sewage to enter our streams and
rivers.

I'll get off my soapbox now.

Adam

> Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz
> <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-compaq-dot-com>
>
> I would discourage folks from using motor oil, as
> it's not easy to
> responsibly dispose of.
>

> Mineral oil from the laxative section of a
> supermarket is stable, cheap,
> relatively free from moisture (as least as compared
> to vegetable oil), and
> by definition, may be flushed down the drain after
> you're done with it.
>
> Regards, Gary Lau
> Waltham, MA USA

=====