Re: More destroyed NST's How do I remove stubborn tar?

Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

> --- Tesla list <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> wrote:
> > Original poster: "Garry Freemyer by way of Terry
> > Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Garry-at-NDFC-dot-com>
> >
> > Well, today I destroyed my fifth NST out of six
> > tries and I am at whits end
> > on how to prevent this nasty problem from recurring
> > over and over and I want
> > to ask people out there a few questions.

	Isn't it about time to figure out HOW you destroyed them and take steps
to correct the problem?  Do you use safety gaps set to the correct
voltage?  That is a lot easier than trying to unpot damaged
transformers.

Ed