Re: 3-1000z tube coil survived 1st light.

Original poster: "Dr. Duncan Cadd by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <dunckx-at-freeuk-dot-com>

Hi Ross!

Date: 16 January 2001 15:26
Subject: 3-1000z tube coil survived 1st light.

>Original poster: "Ross Overstreet by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <ross-o-at-mindspring-dot-com>

>Hi Guys,
>
>I managed to get the 3-1000z off to a reasonable start.

What a beauty!

I wouldn't be too concerned about not being able to keep
your fingers on the glass!  An 833A has a glass temperature
of around 145C between the seals at max power with forced
air cooling, so you won't be able to touch the glass when
the thing is working at full power.  Even a humble 6L6 will
cook your fingertips just with the heater power alone.  I
assume Eimac publish a recommended airflow - for the 833A
it's 40cfm from a 2 inch diameter nozzle between the seals.
An 8877 at 1,5kW output needs 54cfm, so this should give you
a ballpark figure if the Eimac data isn't to hand.

Neat coil!

Dunckx