low vs high frequency tesla coils?

Original poster: "joseph gallo by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <juzeppy-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Hi everyone,
thanks to everyone who helped on my last question about power factor.
(by the way the obit I was going to use is shot. I finally plugged it in and
I barely got enough juice to light a neon lamp.
I now have two new 3kv 20 mili amp neon trannys Ill put in series)

My question is what are the advantages of designing a low frequency coil as
opposed to a high frequncy coil(or disadvantages) using the same power
supply.
I could find out through experimentation but I am sure this has been done
before.
Are there any sources (web sites or archives) which give a general
comparison of spark length to frequency?
any help is welcome,

joseph