Re: Tracking inside secondary former

Original poster: "Matt Skidmore by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <fox-at-woozle-dot-org>

Well ive seen many people run with no "plugs" in the ends. my take is you
should put the plug just inside the tube before the windings end on each
side. others also prefer a thrid in the middle although i dont see how you
get them that far in.

i havent run my coil yet and the first few times will probably be lower
power runs. for now, ive got a large wad of foam packed into each end. im
thinking of packing the secondary with foam, but i didnt have enough foam.
dont know what impact this will have on my coil. anyone think packing it
full of foam is good idea or not?

-fox