Re: RF grounding without rod pounding?

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <ANTarchimedes-at-aol-dot-com>

     Pounding in a grounding rod shouldn't be as difficult as winding a
secondary, or shaping a primary in the perfect form, or putting together a
rotating spark gap, or most any of the other jobs that are associated with
building a quality coil.  It shouldn't be too much different from driving in
a really really long tent stake.  The best I can advise you is to moisten the
ground with water running as slow as possible for a short while before hand,
and the use of a grounding rod with a sharp end.  Also, I advise grounding it
in your neighbors lawn...

Good Luck,
Nick Moor