RE: RF grounding without rod pounding?

Original poster: "David Dean by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <deano-at-corridor-dot-net>

Hi Kevin,

First, rebar is iron, and as with all ferrous metals, is a very poor
conductor of RF. Secondly, the concrete is also a very poor conductor, even
when it is wet.  It conducts well enough you would not want to be standing
barefoot on it while holding a hot 120V wire in your hand, but for a RF
ground, not good at all. Driving ground rods is not much of a chore if you
use something like a Tee post driver. Another thing you could do might be to
try to drive the ground rods into the drain field of the septic system.
(Just be careful not to hit the distribution lines.) That way you can be
sure the rods will always be in contact with damp soil.

later
deano