Re: MMC

Hi Samuel,

I didn't have the inductor in the model and I also did it at 60Hz AC
instead of 50Hz.

I updated the model.  the *.sch file is the MicroSim model file.

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/samuel2.gif
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/samuel.sch
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Programs/Programs.htm

So for 50Hz with a 47.75mH inductor in the input I get the following.
Cap size: 50nF
BPS:  100
Peak firing voltage: 21.7kV
220 line current: 9.8 amps
Power to primary cap: 813 watts
Arc length:  ~50 inches
RMS Primary Cap Current:  12.7 amps

So your MMC should be 50nF, 24kV, at 13 amps RMS.

Usually just a 10Meg ohm 1/2 watt carbon resistor across each individual
capacitor will work fine.

I should point out that I don't know everything about your system so this
is my best guess.  Take it with a grain of salt...

Cheers,

	Terry