Re: Strange problem

Original poster: "bob golding by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <yubba-at-clara-dot-net>

Hi Bob,
    I have had a similar problem with my big coil. It could be that the
earth leakage
detector is getting confused. Are you sure your coil was grounded properly.
If the RF
ground is not connected, or if there is high resistance somewhere in the ground
circuit  this could confuse the circuit breaker as the energy does not have
a path to
earth so tries to go back though the mains. Is the ground around your RF
ground rods
wet? It helps to pour water on the ground stake once in a while. Is the
ground frozen?
this can effect the quality of your connection. ( see archives from about
2/3 months
ago) Not all rcd's trip at the same current so if the one that is tripping
is set at
a  lower current than the one on the coil this could cause the problem you
have. Try
running the coil on a different circuit in possible. Hope this helps.
cheers
bob golding