RE: better sync motor mods?

Original poster: "David Dean by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <deano-at-corridor-dot-net>

Hi John,

Actually when I was done the flat was deeper than the slot had been. No
evidence of there ever having been a slot. The fact of the matter is that at
the time I was not willing to take a chance on ruining that motor. Out of
twenty odd motors lying around that is one of only three 3450 RPM, and the
only A.O Smith, which until I took it apart, I had no Idea how nice it was.
So I ended up making the flats because I "knew" it would work, and was not
sure about the slot, and did not know what might happen if I kept going with
the slot, if I might ruin the motor if I got it too deep. If I had made the
slot deeper, who knows, it might have worked.

deano