Re: Ryan's Coil = DOA :(

Original poster: "Mike Novak by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <acmnovak-at-email.msn-dot-com>

Bart points out a (my) reason for using a formless secondary: Low cost, with
low loss. It was originally my own solution to avoiding the exorbitant
prices of acrylic tubing over 2" in diameter. PVC losses are indeed quite
high which is why I think it should be avoided entirely. Not to mention the
fact that the winding form can be re-used, this method proves cheap and
efficient for the most part.

***IMHO- PVC and sonotube should be avoided ENTIRELY! The dissipation factor
is much to high for my liking. If your coil won't see many drops or scrapes,
use a thin polypropylene film form.***

My (other) $.02

-Mike Novak

> Original poster: "Barton B. Anderson by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <tesla123-at-pacbell-dot-net>