Re: Chaotic Resonance(Solid State Coilers)

Original poster: "Dr. Duncan Cadd by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <dunckx-at-freeuk-dot-com>

Hi Chuck and Pete!

Date: 11 January 2001 00:58
Subject: Re: Chaotic Resonance(Solid State Coilers)

>Original poster: "Charles Hobson by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <charles.a.hobson-at-btinternet-dot-com>

>Hi Pete,

<snip>

>Perhaps there is good explanation for what is happens at
different voltage
>inputs: making incorrect assumptions, ignoring relative
magnetising currents
>and hysteresis losses, etc.??  .
>
>Best regards   Chuck

My pennysworth on this is that since you are using a
magnetic leakage transformer, the value of the effective
coupling constant between the windings - and hence the
output to input ratio - varies according to the input volts
and the output load, so it won't behave in a linear manner
anyway, the thing is essentially designed for an appalling
degree of regulation!  I wouldn't let its apparently
peculiar behaviour bother you.  It's meant to be like that.

Dunckx