RE: better sync motor mods (tests)

Original poster: "Basura, Brian by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <brian.basura-at-unistudios-dot-com>

John,

I've never calculated the diameter to flat ratio so I went back to my lab
book and checked my results.

The 3600rpm 1/2hp motors I've modified had flat widths that were 46% of the
rotor diameter.

BTW - One of Tesla's presentations given in the 1800's describes the
synchronous motor including the flats we mill on them :)  If anyone is
interested in the exact speech/location I'll try and dig it up...

Regards,
Brian B.