Re: Problems & DC drive solutions

Original poster: "Kevin Ottalini by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <ottalini-at-mindspring-dot-com>

Chuck:
	Using an inductor is very reasonable, especially with
lower voltage transformers.  Greg Leyh used such an approach
on his monster TC very successfully, and I use exactly the
same approach on my small (5 watt) 24KV and slightly larger
(10 watt) 60KV power supplies that I build.

As you point out, such "reactors" are difficult to find/build
especially in the power range that TC'er typically need.

Again, for first-level DC systems, a resistor is a much easier
and less expensive solution.

Best,
	Kevin

> From: Tesla list <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Re: Problems & DC drive solutions
> Date: Monday, January 08, 2001 4:03 PM
>
> Original poster: "Charles Hobson by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <charles.a.hobson-at-btinternet-dot-com>