Re: aluminum tape adhesive conductivity

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Bill Vanyo by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
<vanyo-at-echoes-dot-net>

> Considering using aluminum tape to cover a toroid, is the adhesive
> conductive enough so that the conductive surface is essentially
> continuous?

Usually no. But after you finish applying bands of tape around the
toroid, you can prepare a special strip with a narrow strip glued
at the center of a wide strip, glue against glue, and apply it at
the outer or inner diameter of the toroid, putting everything in
contact.
Look carefully at the quality of the tape that you use. If the tape
starts to dettach from the backing when you unroll it, this is a bad
sign. I am having problems with a tape that started in this way,
and now is coming loose everywhere...

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz