Pulse Cap Source

Original poster: "Matt Skidmore by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <fox-at-woozle-dot-org>

While right now, I'm just window shopping, ive been looking for various
components to "upgrade" my tesla coil once i've got it working. Right now
i'm getting tward the end stages of constructing my coil and expect to
have it ready for first light as soon as the weather permits. Given it
takes more than 6 weeks for that to happen. :D

I was wondering what some of the most important and upgradewable parts of
the coil are. my first guess is the capacitors. on first light i will be
using one to four glass bottle caps. thinking about the caps i've looked
around and played with the idea of using MMCs which really seems like a
wonderful idea. also, as of lately doorknob caps have caught my eye. i've
seen some coilers using them and id like to hear comments on them.

lastly, where to obtain these beasts. now ive seen some n auction sites
and i've just watched them pass me by. i've also gone out and searched
down some companies that make them. the few i've tracked down either dont
have near what i need or are unwilling to work with an individual. that
having been said they also will not price them for me. :P

thanks

-fox