Re: CW TC's are still TC's, was Chaotic Resonance(Solid State Coilers)

In a message dated 1/8/01 9:47:49 AM Eastern Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Tube and SS
>  type circuits are not Tesla coils because they produce continuous inputs
>  with continuous outputs, no dampened waves in most circuits.
>
>  John Couture

John, all,

There was a BIG discussion on this a couple years ago.  It seems
that Tesla did some work with continuous waves in his coils too.
So the consensus was that a tube coil or solid state coil is
a Tesla coil, and that the damped wave is not a necessity for
the definition of Tesla coil.  You know my view, but I write this
for the benefit of newbies.

John Freau