RE: Ryan's Coil = DOA :(

Original poster: "David Dean by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <deano-at-corridor-dot-net>

Hi Ryan,

Sorry to hear about your secondary loss. At least now you know where the
power was going. You might be able to salvage the secondary if the carbon
track is not too deep. Take something like a Dremel tool and grind away
all the burned stuff. Re baffle the inside and put new end disks on it
making sure that everything is well sealed. We used to do something similar
to that to make emergency repairs to end blocks for corona units on copiers
back in the 1970s. It might work better if the groove left after grinding
out the burned stuff with epoxy resin.

Good luck,
later
deano