hot gap

Original poster: "bob golding by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <yubba-at-clara-dot-net>

HI al,
    I have posted a pic at
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/hot%20gap.jpg
of one
section of my static gap which is feeling the strain after last weekend.
I cleaned the gap before I started so this represents about 20 minutes
run time. I am using a 1 kw vacuum cleaner motor ,and slots in the tube
to aid quenching. If your coils performance drops slowly for no reason
this could be the reason. It is acting more like a big resistor rather
than a spark gap. I am still happy with the performance though
considering I am pushing 2.5 Kw though it.

cheers
bob