twin coil system

Original poster: "bob golding by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <yubba-at-clara-dot-net>

Hi All,
As  I now have a source of wire for the second  9.5" 45"  secondary of
my planned twin system (thanks Duncan) thought it might be useful to
read the thread on winding direction. I still don't know whether to wind
the new secondary in the same direction or the opposite direction. Any
ideas? Could someone recommend the best way to connect a twin system.
Should I just make a mirror of the first coil and connect the primaries
together. If I do that how should I ground the secondaries? Or should I
make another completely separate system with say two spark gaps running
on  the same shaft of  one sync motor and sharing the transformer and
ballast's. What is the consensus on twin systems. I feel I still have a
lot to learn about the subtleties of tuning before I tackle a magnifier
so I thought this might be a good halfway house. I can't really wind the
secondary till the weather gets warmer anyway but thought I would start
planning now at least as I should have al the parts together soon. Don't
know what happened to the table top coil. Give a man some space...;-))
like a museum, or aircraft hanger, oh no not an aircraft hanger please.

cheers
bob golding