Re: tesla coil

Original poster: "Metlicka Marc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

ANT,
one trick i found that works great is to use box sealing tape turned over
and wrapped
around the former, then overlap it so it sticks to itself. this leaves the
sticky side up.

after you wind almost to the edge, put another wrap on it overlapping the
first edge of
tape a little so it also sticks to this. the box tape holds the wire like a
dream and if
you get a crooked or overlap just pull it off, or if you get tired and take
a break, i
just lightly lay a sheet of aluminum foil over the winding exposed tape
area to keep dust
off of it. it took me almost a week to wrap my 3000 turn coil, but in this
way it was no
problem at all. with the talk of sono tube being lossy, i'm wondering if
this mylar layer
between the windings and the form stops any of this?
marc