Re: safety gaps at high power

Original poster: "Bert Hickman by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-net>

David,

Try using a pair of "horn gap" - sort of like miniature Jacobs Ladders.
The power company sometimes uses gaps like these to clear arcs on
powerlines, so it'll definately work on a pig. If you do get a power
arc, it'll self-clear with no problem. A picture of this approach in my
system can be ssen at:

http://www.aquila-dot-net/bert.hickman/photos/safety1.jpg

The center rod is grounded, and teh rods are made from 1/4" brass rod,
but copper tubing would have worked as well with less fabrication
hassle.

-- Bert --
--
Bert Hickman