Re: tesla coil

In a message dated 1/4/01 6:44:09 AM Pacific Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

<<
    I suspect tuning is the cause of almost all of the failures I have read
 about here.  The formulae for calculating inductance and resonant
 frequency are so simple (grade school arithmetic) that I can't see any
 excuse for not checking that the primary will give the right frequency
 with whatever size capacitor is available.

 Ed

Ed,

I agree wholeheartedly.  I don't know why anyone would even fire up a Tesla
coil, after spending the required time and money to construct one without
first doing the math do insure the primary and secondary will tune properly.
I really don't even know how you could design and build one without going
through these steps.

Ed Sonderman