Re: Calculating secondary resonance of bipolar coils

Hi Gavin,

        I didn't quite know what to say but since no one else did either, I'll
give you my guess anyway.  You can use E-Tesla6 to calculate half the coil
assuming the center plane of the coil is a ground plane.  Since a bipolar would
be half wave, I would guess the Fo frequency would be the same.  So, if you run
half the bipolar, I think it will give you the right Fo frequency.  I think...

There are also supports and such that are going to mess with the external
fields a bit too but I think it will be pretty close.

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Programs/Programs.htm

When you ask a good question like this and no one answers, you know you have
asked a good question ;-)))

Cheers,

        Terry