Re: NST cap matching

Original poster: "jim fosse by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <jfosse-at-home-dot-com>

On Tue, 02 Jan 2001 21:45:49 -0700, "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>,
you wrote:

>Original poster: "Terry Fritz" <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>
>
>Hi Jim,
>
>See what happens ;-)))
>
>LTR = Larger Than Resonant (and it's an abbreviation not an acronym, before
>Ralph beats me to that one ;-))  This refers to using primary caps that are
>large than the old resoant size.  Basically, a primary cap value that will
>just barely charge to the firing voltage at 120BPS.  This is about 1.5
>times the resonat size for a static gap and ~2 times the resonat cap size
>for a sync rotary gap.  Below is a past from an old post on this.

[snip]

That makes sense. Since you are placing an order, and I blew my last
home-rolled caps (3 layers of 0.062 poly:( with a brain fart.) I need
a new cap. I was using 14nF. with my 15/60 neon tranny. How about I
order 2 sets of caps from you? I'll go with your set of values for a
15kV 60ma neon in LTR mode.

Then there is my 7.5kV 10KVA pig -- I don't think I even want to
consider soldering that string of caps together:)

jim