Re: tesla coil

Original poster: "davep by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <davep-at-quik-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

<ANTarchimedes-at-aol-dot-com>

> I'm having a bit of a problem.  When winding the secondary, how do I keep the
> coil from kinking? Or from accidently overlapping itself. it's not much of a
> technical question, but I know it will affect my coil's output.  How do I
> keep the loops from sliding over themselves, and how to I keep the secondary
> taut when I'm not holding it?

	IIR, we rigged a clampig drag opn the supply reel.  Nothing
	elaborate, just a bolt and a wing nut thru the supply reel, so
	it did not spin freely.  That and care in winding.  (We were
	working with the secondary in a jig (actually: a metal cutting
	lathe, with the power off.)  I can't picture tyring to freehand
	a seconday....

	best
	dwp