Optimum performance: Coil specs.

Original poster: "Simon Yorkston by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <quantumx-at-ozemail-dot-com.au>

Hi all.
Having seen the latest posts on obtaining optimum performance, I was
prompted to scetch down all of my coil info, and would be much obliged if
someone could browse them over and point out any glaring inconsitancies. [I
have a bad feeling about my MMC]

Thanks.

Xfrmr volatage: 15kV
Xfrmr current  :  30mA

Prim. Inner Diameter: 12" - 3" clearance per side << error here?
Prim. Coil turns       : 16
Prim. dist b/w turns  : 1/2"

Primary cap size: 0.00627ufd

Secondary Coil Diameter: 6"
Secondary Turns: ? [My arms were aching too much to count :P]
Secondary Coil Length: 24"
Wire Guage: 22AWG
[.:. ~814 turns? that was a quick calculation]
Height of first turn aboive primary: 2"

I have two Toroids, I had some spare ducting, so i made another. I'll write
the info of the large one first, then the second.

Terminal Diameter: 22"
Inner Diamerter   : 16"
Height above Primary: 34"
Height above Secondary: 9"

2nd Toroid:
Diameter: 14"
Inner     :   4"
Height above primary: 30"
Height above secondary: 5"

SparkGap type: Static.
No. Gaps: 12
Tapped: 5 [Untill I get new resistors]

That's it! There's something to sink your teeth into.

I think I can see some of the glaring errors, eg: Primary inner diamter,
toroid height above primary [and secondary], and maybe my caps.

Thanks very much for your help,
Simon